2005-2006: PGCE in Design Technology: Resistant Materials/Graphics/Engineering; The Marches Consortium, Herefordshire.
2003-2004: National Diploma In Blacksmithing & Metalwork; Holme Lacy Centre for Rural Crafts.
1997-2000: BA. Hons Degree; Fine Art, Sculpture; Bretton Hall, Yorkshire Sculpture park. Yorkshire (Leeds University).
1995-1997 GNVQ Advanced in Art & Design. Herefordshire Art College, Hereford.
2018-Present: Creative Practitioner for Arts council ‘Lead Creative Schools’. Leading Special projects in Secondary and Primary Schools in Wales.
April-Aug 2016: assistant and metalwork advisor to Stephanie Roberts-Mosaic artist, for a special commission at the Wales Millenium Centre.
2015-present: Freelance Designer and Consultant for OakApple-a natural playground & building company.
2013-present: Designed, built, maintain & teach in a public edible forest garden, used to educate people about permaculture, sustainable & wildlife friendly food production.
2011-present: Working as an Artist in my own right, using metals and ceramics, supported by teaching & design work.
2007–Present: Teaching assistant at Llanishen Art Club, A weekly after school Arts class for Primary and Secondary age children.
2004-2005: Self employed Artist-Blacksmith.
2002-2004: Teaching post: Llangattock Montessouri school, Specialising in Art and design.
2002-2005: Workshop/foundry assistant (part time) for Matthew Tomalin, Cast iron sculptor. Brecon.
Summer of 2002: Teaching post; Sculpture & Metalwork. Bucks Rock, Connecticut, USA.
2000-2002: Pottery Assistant for Mary Rose Young. Parkend, Lydney. Forest of Dean
AWARDS, EXHIBITIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
- ‘Makers Mark’ exhibition, Cupola Gallery, 2019
- Creates Gallery Emerging Artist, 2019
- ‘Hives’ Arts council funded project, 2017.
- ‘Vegetable jewellery’ Arts council funded personal project. 2016.
- ‘Maker in Focus’ Mission Gallery, Swansea. 2014.
- Group exhibition at ‘Humble by Nature’, Monmouth. March-April 2014.
- ‘Art in Penallt’ Exhibition. Penallt, Monmouthshire. Sept 2013, 2014, 2015.
- ‘Cellular’. Solo exhibition, Taurus crafts, Lydney. Sept-Nov 2013.
- Arts Council of Wales; Grant for Individuals: Research & Development. June 2013.
- Tony Goble Award: 2012. Awarded the Tony Goble award at the National Eisteddfod, Wales.
- Y Lle Celf: selected for exhibition in the Y Lle Celf, National Eisteddfod 2012.
- ‘Iron Works’ Exhibition . Nelson Museum. Monmouth. Wales. 2004:
- Princes trust award: grant for career development in rural crafts, 2003.
- Cyfarthfa Castle Museum & Art Gallery. Merthyr Tydfil. 2005.